IISAC’s Semester Advantages
- Didactic courses, directed research, internship programs, practical training, field trips and collaborative research
- 15 Transferrable credits at the end of Spring semester (January – May) and Fall semester (August- December) All courses are taught in English by well known research professors from different departments of the University.
- 14 days of Kerala discover tour as a part of the program. Visit the landmarks of Kerala: white beaches of Kovalam, backwaters of Poovar and Kumarakom, rainforests of Western ghats, wildlife sanctuaries of Kumily and Munnar, temple villages of Kottayam and historic landmarks of the colonial rule in Cochin.
- Experience the fascinating blend of contemporary cultures and indulge your taste buds into the spicy and mouth watering cuisines unique to India.
- Subsidized North Indian travel of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur for world famous Taj Mahal and other monuments of the Mughal Empire. Visit the action centers of Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism and Jainism.
- Independent travel through rolling mountains, plains, valleys and lakes, and enjoy the sounds and sights of tropical flora and fauna.
- Free airport pick up, in country orientation, cultural immersion activities, excellent accommodation
- Cultural immersion course to introduce students to yoga, meditation, classical dances, classical music, musical instruments, Indian cooking, martial arts and Ayurveda
- Flexible curriculum by mixing and matching more than 500 courses from India study core courses and departmental courses to maximize your academic experience in India.
US students must have completed sophomore status with a minimum of 2.5 GPA to be accepted into IISAC’s Semester in India Program. Students should specify how the Semester in India Program will fulfill their requirements for general education, minor or major requirements of their universities. Based on this information, IISAC will work with student’s study abroad advisors for credit transfer that will fulfill general education, major requirements, or as electives leading to timely graduation.
Before leaving the US, IISAC provides important information regarding travel and health preparation, travel logistics and academic planning. Upon arrival in India, IISAC officials greet SIP students at the airport and help them to adjust to their new environment, covering issues such as cultural and academic adjustment, environment, health, safety, food etc.
Grand India Study Tour
IISAC’s Semester in India Program comes with the added attraction of enjoying India and her culture, history and civilization through the Grand India study tour.
Room and Board
Semester in India students stay at the newly constructed Foreign Students Hostel on campus. Accommodation includes double bedrooms with a private lavatory and shower, air conditioning, 24-hour WiFi internet connection, cooking facilities and recreation facilities with a large lounge. Three scrumptious South Indian meals are provided daily in the hostel.
IISAC is committed to offering an academically challenging and high quality program at an affordable price. We believe that world class education should be attainable to all undergraduate students. This is the only ‘Explore cum Semester’ program available in USA to discover and study in India at a cost lower than their own home university’s expenses.
Financial Aid and Semester India Program
A student enrolled with IISAC’s Semester in India Program is eligible to use financial aid for the costs associated with their study in India. Being a formal program of a non-profit educational organization with 501 ( c ) (3) status, students’ home universities can execute a consortium of agreement with IISAC to use federal and state government grants, bank loans and scholarships from universities.
How to apply?
To apply for the Semester in India Program visit IISAC’s website www.semesterinindia.org , www.sciencesemesterinindia.org and then click on the links for appropriate application forms.
For more information, contact:
Semester in India Program
15 Honiss Place, Suite 1,
Newark, NJ 07104, USA