Board of Trustees
- 1. Prof. Ngan Huang – Chairperson
- Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiology, Stanford University, California, USA
As the Chairperson of IISAC, Dr Huang coordinates the educational activities of the organization. She is passionate about guiding students to develop their academic potential by didactic courses and experiential learning. She enjoys motivating young students to pursue the fields of science and engineering through summer research internships, seminars, and other speaking engagements.
With a doctoral degree in bioengineering, she is also a medical scientist at Stanford University, where she actively studies the role of stem cells and extracellular matrices for applications in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Huang NF, Patlolla B, Abilez OA, Sharma H, Beygui RE, Zarins CK, Cooke JP. A Matrix Micropatterning Platform for Cell Localization and Stem Cell Fate Determination. Acta Biomaterialia 6: 4614-4621, 2010
- Huang NF, Niiyama H, Peter C, De A, Natkunam Y, Fleissner F, Li Z, Rollins MD, Wu JC, Gambhir SS, Cooke JP. Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Endothelial Cells Engraft into the Ischemic Hindlimb and Restore Perfusion. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:984-91, 2010
- Huang NF, Fleissner F, Sun J, Cooke JP. Role of nitric oxide signaling in endothelial differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev 19:1617-1625, 2010
- Huang NF, Sievers RE, Park JS, Fang Q, Li S, Lee RJ. A Rodent Model of Myocardial Infarction for Testing the Efficacy of Cells and Polymers for Myocardial Reconstruction. Nature Protocols1:1596-1609, 2006
- Huang NF, Patel S, Thakar RG, Wu J, Hsiao BS, Chu B, Lee RJ, Li S. Skeletal Muscle Morphogenesis on Micropatterned and Nanopatterned Biopolymers. Nano Letters 6:537-542, 2006
- Huang NF, Yu J, Sievers R, Li S, Lee RJ. Injectable Biopolymers Enhance Angiogenesis after Myocardial Infarction. Tissue Eng 11:1860-1866, 2005
- Levenberg S, Huang NF, Lavik E, Rogers AB, Itskovitz-Eldor J, Langer R. Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells on Three-Dimensional Polymer Scaffolds. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12741-12746, 2003
- 2. Prof. Sunny Luke - Program Director
- Dr. Sunny Luke- an accomplished American Scientist, Professor and International Educationist is proud to call both USA and India as his homes. Being one of the founders of IISAC, he has been guiding American study abroad students and professors through South India for over 15 years. He has traveled extensively both in USA and India and knows what type of cultural experiences the US students are looking for while in India. He encourages American students to develop cross-cultural skills through educational tours, blog writing, reflection papers, cultural exchange and short documentary films.
With an extensive knowledge of Kerala’s society and culture, Dr.Luke is one of the editors of Introduction to Kerala Studies, a first of its kind inter-disciplinary book on Kerala (www.bookonkerala.com).
Published by IISAC, this book is used as a reference book by several US universities for their faculty-led and semester in Kerala programs.
To his credit, he has more than 70 scientific publications in International Journals of Repute in the areas of Medical Genetics, Molecular Pathology, Human Evolution, Stem Cell Technology and Tissue Engineering.
- 3. Mr. Alex Koshy - Executive Director
- Alex Koshy is working as a volunteer in the capacity of the Executive Director of the IISAC office in New Jersey. He oversees the administrative activities of IISAC in relation to student’s recruitment, US and Indian university collaborations, Office management including Finance and student visa issues. He also serves as the PRO of IISAC to represent both the print and visual media in USA and India.
He holds an Engineering degree [B.E.] from the National Institute of Engineering, Warangal and a Masters degree in Business Management [MBA] from the Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin, India.
As a professional engineer he works as the Fleet Manager, Water & Sewer Utilities, City of Newark, New Jersey, USA. Formerly he held the position of Engineering Manager, Hindustan Insecticides Ltd, Udyogamandal, India.
He was commissioned by the New Jersey State Governor as a Commissioner into the Board of the NJ State Dr. MLK Jr. Commission, to promote the vision and mission of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Former Global President &Founder General Secretary of the World Malayalee Council-a Diaspora organization of people of Kerala, India.
His professional expertise and community leadership have stood in good stead for him as the Project Coordinator for the successful implementation of the IISAC’s three year long project of publishing the Book on Kerala, titled “An Introduction to Kerala Studies.”
- 4. Mr. Sanoop Luke -
Director of Youth Empowerment & Seminars
Associate Director, Turner Broadcasting, Hong Kong
- 5. George Jacob PhD-
- Director of Publications, Former Medical Director, Tristate Institute for Reproductive Medicine, New Jersey
- 6. Rajeeve Thachil - MD, MRCP, Critical Care Medicine
- Easton Pulmonology Associates, Easton, PA 18042
- 7. Sreedhar Kavil PhD -
- Professor, Department of Management Studies St. John’s University, New York, USA
Organizational Chart, IISAC
IISAC’s Advisory Board
Mark Schaub PhD
Professor, Department of English
Director of International Education
Grand Valley State University, MI, USA.
Ann Willyard, PhD
Professor of Biology
Akbarali Thobhani, PhD
Office of International Studies
Metropolitan State University of Denver, USA.
Rev. Thomas Vazhayil, PhD
Emirites Professor, Department of Sociology
Bridgewater State University,
P. P. Mathur, PhD
Vice Chancellor KIIT University,
James R. Aubrey, PhD
Professor of English
Assistant to the Director,
Office of International Studies
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Professor of Biology
Metropolitan State University of Denver Colorado USA
Shaily Menon, PhD
Professor, Biology Department and Natural Resources Management
Grand Valley State University MI, USA
Benjamin S Weeks
Professor of Biology,
LI, NY, USA
Jacob C Tony, MD MRCP (E), MRCP (I)
Neurologist and Head of Neuro Muscular Diseases
Peoria, IL, USA
Zac Vargheese PhD
FRCPath Former Professor,
Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Paul Thuluvath, MD, PhD, FACG, FRCP
Professor of Medicine,
Johns Hopkins University,
Mala Gupta, MD
Professor of Pathology,
Winthrop University Hospital ,
Minneola, NY, USA
Kan Liu, MS ( Eng)
R & D, Google,
Duna Menos MS, CLSp ( CG) (Sup)
Assistant director, Chromosome Pathology
Methodist Hospital of NewYork, Brookly USA.
Lawrence E. DeBault PhD
Professor Molecular Biology, Oklahoma University Health Science Center, OK, USA
Public Relation Officer IISAC, India
Faculty Directors and Junior Consultants
The Institute has identified and inducted over 100 eminent scientists, professors, engineers and executives in different disciplines to give their services as Faculty Directors and inducted over thirty Junior Consultants to work as Peer Counselors among the High School and College Students. The services of these Faculty Directors and Junior Consultants are free to those who seek guidance from the institute after attending IISAC’s educational seminars.
The Junior Consultants are young professionals working in various fields, providing academic counseling to the High School or Junior College students. They consult and take the advice of the Faculty Directors.
The Faculty Directors give authentic and expert advice on higher education, careers, scholarships, research opportunities as seminar presenters. They also assist the outstanding undergraduate students for getting internships, externships and career placement.
- 1. IISAC’s Semester in India Program with various universities and colleges in India (www.semesterinindia.org)
- 2. IISAC’s science semester with KIIT University, Odisha. (www.sciencesemesterinindia.org)
- 3. IISAC’s faculty led programs in Tropical Biology , Ecology , Biodiversity and subjects related to Kerala Studies.(www.studyabroadkerala.org/)
- 4. IISAC’s Tropical Green School Program Abroad (www.tropicalgreenschool.org)
- 5. IISAC’s Experiential Learning Program Abroad
- 6. IISAC’s Graduate Study and Research Program Abroad
- 7. IISAC’s Youth Empowerment Programs
- 8. IISAC’s Faculty Development and Professor for Inspiration Programs
- 9. IISAC’s Publication: Books and Journals
IISAC's Founding Members And Profiles
The extra ordinary visions of its’ founding members has resulted the formation of IISAC as a true Indo-US bridge for internationalization of higher education and research for instilling success in young minds. They are:
- Sunny Luke
- Ngan Huang
- Sanoop Luke
- Alex Koshy
US and Indian office addresses
IISAC, 15 Honnis Place, Suite # 1
Newark, NJ, 07104 USA
3rd Floor, Parish Building
Christ the King Cathedral,
Kottayam, Kerala, India-686001